Are you concerned about a pothole in the village?
Potholes on the public highway are the responsibility of the Local Highways Authority, which in the case of Great Shelford is Cambridgeshire County Council.  Potholes can be reported to the County Council via their “Reportit” facility at the following web address, which is also linked on the Parish Council website: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/residents/travel-roads-and-parking/roads-and-pathways/roadworks-and-faults/
Whether a pothole is eligible for repair and, if so, how long the County Council has to repair it, depends upon the County Council’s criteria, which can be found here: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/page-294/print/
The Parish Council is being pro-active in reporting qualifying potholes to the County Council.  It is also keen to assist parish residents with the process of ensuring that qualifying potholes are repaired by the County Council in a timely manner.
If you are unsure about how to report a pothole for repair, please feel free to contact the Chair or Vice-Chair of the Parish Council’s Highways Sub-Committee, Barrie Ashurst or Stefan Harris-Wright (barrie.ashurst@ntlworld.com or 07803001985 / stefanhw66@gmail.com or 07990846955)”