LAST DAY TO ORDER TICKETS – FRIDAY 22ND SEPTEMBER! Join us for good food, excellent music and entertainment. More information can be found on the Events page of this website.
Message from Greater Cambridge Partnership (GCP)
The Greater Cambridge Partnership (GCP) and contractors Milestone Infrastructure will be starting construction of an extension to Babraham Park & Ride site.
Site offices and facilities have been installed, with construction starting from the end of October/early November 2022. The works will take approximately 4 months to complete.
These works will also help the installation of Solar Canopies designed to generate green energy which will be supplied to the Addenbrookes site. The GCP are working with the Cambridgeshire County Council (CCC) Energy Team and their contractors to provide the underground infrastructure for this installation. Infrastructure for Electric Vehicle (EV) chargers is also planned at the site.
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience these works may cause.
What works will be done?
- Creation of 153 parking spaces
- Provision of CCTV and site lighting to create a safe and well-lit parking facility
- Installation of infrastructure to accommodate solar canopies and EV chargers
- Protection and retention of existing trees and shrubs throughout the site
Traffic Management during construction
All efforts will be made to keep disruption to a minimum. However, for safety reasons there will be traffic, pedestrian and cyclist controls in place whilst these works are carried out.
- The construction site access/egress will be from the entrance to the Babraham Road Park & Ride site.
- No traffic management arrangements are envisaged on the A1307, but traffic control measures while vehicles enter and leave the construction site will be undertaken.
- Cyclists and pedestrians will be always able use the path from Babraham Road to the Babraham Road Park & Ride site during construction but may be asked to wait to ensure access can be made safely.
Milestone Infrastructure and their sub-contractors will be implementing safe working practices to ensure that the works are undertaken in accordance with current Public Health England and applicable Government guidance for Covid-19.
How do I keep up to date with the project?
Please visit the project’s web page at www.greatercambridge.org.uk/A1307 If you have any concerns during construction, you can get in touch with Milestone Infrastructure by emailing A1307schemes@milestoneinfra.co.uk or telephone Cambridgeshire County Council’s Contact Centre on 01223 699906.