LAST DAY TO ORDER TICKETS – FRIDAY 22ND SEPTEMBER! Join us for good food, excellent music and entertainment. More information can be found on the Events page of this website.
What else does Great Shelford Parish Council do?
The parish council owns land and maintains it at the following locations:
- Great Shelford Recreation Ground, Woollards Lane
- Freestones Corner, junction of Woollards Lane and London Road
- Memorial Green, junction of Tunwells Lane and High Street
- Great Shelford Cemetery & Allotments, Cambridge Road
- Stonehill Allotments, Stonehill Road
- The Clay Pit, aka Pocket Park, Granham’s Road
Provides and maintains the following facilities:
On the recreation ground
- ‘Playscape’ play area
- Sports Pavilion
- Memorial Hall
In the village
- Car park off Woollards Lane (leased by the parish council)
On behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council
Maintenance of highway verges within the village boundary
On behalf of South Cambridgeshire District Council
- Maintenance of public open spaces
- Provision of bins and maintenance at various locations in the village
Supports the work of charitable groups and organisations within the village.
Provides and maintains bus shelters, seats, parish and community noticeboards at various locations around the village.
Consultee on local development plan issues from County Council, District Council, Greater Cambridge Partnership and the Combined Authority.
Comments (but does not decided) on local planning applications.
For further information on any of these activities please contact the Clerk to the Council by email at email@example.com